It’s hard to be a great runner without being a great breather
Welcome to our registration page. Below are instructions on how to register for the course on May 20th from 9 AM to 12 PM at Colorado Springs Human Performance and Rehabilitation. You’ve been invited because we think you’ll benefit from this course and will give us great feedback. We hope you can make it!
There are several sections to the “A Breath of Fresh Air” course.
BEFORE YOU COME TO THE WORKSHOP, we’d like you to go to the NeuroRunner website. This is critical so that we can maximize the benefit from our time together at the course. After you register, we will send you an outline to guide you to specific pages of the site, to:
- Orient you to NeuroRunner and the value we are providing
- Give you a grounding in fundamental brain science principles
- Convey the self-study portion of the course where you will:
- Understand respiration
- How it is governed by your brain
- Its relationship your performance
- Where you could improve and how to train it
We’ll also tell you for each topic, what kind of feedback we’re looking for, so that you can help us make NeuroRunner most effective for runners like you and ones you know.
When you come to the workshop, we’ll cover the following things:
- A quick review of the self-study portion to make sure we’re all on the same page. This will mostly be driven by your questions. We’ll clarify anything that wasn’t clear, fill in any information gaps, and get some of your feedback for improvement.
- We’ll spend most of our time hands-on, working through critical breathing skills
- What they are
- How to assess them
- How to improve them
- We’ll show you how to use the tools we’re providing to you
- We will not have time to do many repetitions of the drills, but we do expect to see some immediate improvements in your breathing nonetheless.
After you come to the workshop, you will continue to have access to NeuroRunner. We will make the drills and assessments covered in the workshop available online. We will regularly be adding additional training topics. Eventually, we’ll have the ability to easily capture and report on assessment results. Our intention is to build a phone-based app to make much of that data capture as easy as possible.